RE: [IPk] CGMS site infection

Hi Helen,

I would disagree with Di on the antibiotic cream front. It may work, but a
cautionary tale:

When I had my first infusion site infection back in 1996, the antibiotic
cream I put on it healed the surface of the skin, so the site looked fine.
But it kept hurting and I started feeling weak. The antibiotic cream had
sealed in the infection so it got worse internally. If you already had
yellow stuff, that's an indication that white blood cells are dying after
trying to fight a definite infection. You could get an abcess.

500mg flucloxicillin 4x/day has sorted me out very quickly the last couple
of times I've had an infection (I have only had a total of 3 out of about
900 set changes, so I am not whingeing!).

Good luck,

Melissa
Type 1 11 years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 4.5 months;
resistant to Amoxicillin so maybe I need more flucloxicillin than I ought?