Re: [IPk] John's basal rates

John,

do you (or anybody else for that matter!) mix insulin from different vials?
I've finished up one vial of humalog and topped up the reservoir with a bit
of new humalog - is this something I shouldn't do?

I haven't noticed anything untoward with strange bgs, but I often wonder if
I am contaminating the new stuff!

Also for those people who reuse reservoirs, do you wait till it's empty
before refilling, or do you top up the reservoir with enough insulin till
the next change is due?  I load up my reservoir for the full 180ml (I use
the short 508 MM method), and change sites every three days, but only use in
total around 150ml so often there is around 20 - 30 units left over, which I
leave in the reservoir.....

Thanks!

Ingrid