RE: [IPk] Re: insulin sensitivity, and big babies

That's right Nanette, genetics MUST play a role in how big a baby is likely
to be...I was biggish (around 8 and a half pounds) and my husband was even
bigger at more than 9, but neither of our mothers had diabetes during
pregnancy.  So even with no D, maybe bub was destined to be big.

Also U/Ss can be wrong, we won't know how big it is till d-day, all can do
till then is keep healthy and CALM.

You know what it's like though - so many of us (patients, doctors, etc)
can't help but "blame" everything on the old dm....and then come those
feelings of guilt and inadequacy!!!!

Thanks,

Ingrid