RE: [IPk] Pregnancy questions for pumpers

Congratulations Audrey

 I can't advise you on the insulin pump issue as I am not pumping or diabetic,
but both of my twin
 daughters were in Special Care for two months , I had to have them so early as
Sasha has stopped growing
 and only weighed 2lbs 3oz at birth. Just over a Kilo! Rebecca was twice the
weight!! While we were
 in, we saw quite a few babies come and go, usually only in there for 24 hours
because they had low blood
 sugars. None of the mums were diabetic. Believe me, Special Care don't keep
your baby in a minute
 longer than needed, it costs the NHS a lot. They usually can't wait to get you
out as they are so busy.
 It's nice in SCBU, quite calm and reassuring, you can usually be with your baby
anytime you like anyway.
 If there's no problem they let you go home very early these days. Lots of the
babies who are just in for
 observation are just in the normal plastic open cots not incubators or anything
like that, some are only
 taken there for a few hours then go back to their mums on the "normal" ward.
Better to be safe.

Mum of Sasha aged 8 dx 1999, twin sister Rebecca, both coeliac 2001
Mum also to Danni and Nicola, wife to Terry