Re: [IPk] Pregnancy questions for pumpers

hi i have to say i think it is totally wrong for all "diabetic births"to be
high tech" of course sometimes  more intervention is needed but many
diabetic women have normal deliveries.it is standard practice for type 1 to
go on the sliding scale regime, but through midwives not getting round to
setting it up until it was too late i have proved that u can give birth
without having it, i tested my bg through labour and my sugar never went
below 4 or above 7!! i had a c section with my 3rd and it wasnt practice for
baby to go to special care baby unit, he had to go in the end but only for
24 hours.
i kept my sugars under great control during my first 2 pregnancies and
wonderful, normal births after being induced at over 39 weeks with my 1st
and at 37 and a 1/2 weeks with 2md. the reason for early induction was
because they thought sam was getting big 6lb 10 at 32 weeks and he was only
7lb 2 at 37 weeks , so they were wrong. i dont think i needed to be induced
atall with my 1st the doc said they didnt let diabetics go over 38 weeks
normally but let me go to 39 weeks and 1 day, jack was perfectly healthy and
weighed 6 lb 10!! i wish they had let me go into labour naturally, i see no
reason why i couldnt have. i think there can be far too much intervention,
as docs are so scared something will go wrong and they will get the blame!!
my last labour was a nightmare and the midwife had my sliding scale set up
really early and monitored me continously, i was very anxious and im sure it
didnt help my labour progress and ended up needing a c- section!!