From: email @ redacted
Date: Wednesday, April 30, 2003 14:50:58
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: [IPk] Pregnancy questions for pumpers

For those of you who have had pump pregnancies, I would be grateful for some

* Where did you put your pump overnight as you got bigger? I normally
use one of those waist band things for overnight (and exercise) but the
velcro is fast approaching the end at present! Any suggestions welcome.
* Did you wear your pump in labour, or let the hospital use an insulin
infusion? I am not sure if I should push to stay on the pump or it will
just be too much to cope with in labour if my BG goes higher.
* Did your consultant let you go full term or did they stick to
* Did your baby automatically go to the neo natal unit? My consultant
has informed me that this is their policy - I agree entirely if there is a
problem but not just because I am diabetic and it is there policy - should I
argue my case? Or am I a naove first time mother?

As I say, any advice would be gratefully welcomed.

Audrey Sheal
IDDM 22 years +; Minimed 508 2 years +

Scottish Enterprise Network

Headquarters Address & Contact Numbers