Re: [IPk] Infusion Sites

Hi Stuart
The stomach is probably the most reliable place for infusion sites so he
might want to try there. I find the lower stomach more reliable (and less
painful as I often hit muscle in my upper stomach) but other people find the
opposite.  I have good success with the lower hip area too (about the level
of the back pocket of your jeans, but a couple of inches further round
towards the front (roughly where the vertical seam of the jeans is that goes
down the outside of your leg). I use an area there of about 4 square inches
and find that successful (don't go *right* where the trouser seam is though
or it'll rub on the set!)

I'd love to be able to use my legs but had some really bad sites (where no
insulin seemed to be absorbed at all) and after about 3 attempts I gave up.

it's worth experimenting - just pick a day and time when you can monitor
carefully what happens for the first few hours, in case there are problems.
Hope that helps