Re: [IPk] Re difficulty with glargine and humalog and Pump or new insulin

Hi Fiona

I was commenting on my mother's inexactitude regarding pasta, bread and
rice as it occurs to *me*. As I've commented many times, this disease is
very different in all of us.

In *me*, white rice and white bread start to peak between 15 and 30 minutes
after ingestion and BG starts to drop after an hour, with pre-prandial
rates regained about 90minutes after eating. That is not "sticking with
you", imho. Pasta is somewhat slower... it takes about 30-45 minutes to
begin peaking. Full regaining of pre-prandial BG usually occurs
about  2.5-3hrs after eating. As you might guess, it's taken me a lot of
testing and time to learn these facts about me, bur certainly makes my BG
easier to predict and control.

I guess it's just a matter of finding what works for *you*, and I was
suggesting that the way these foods affect me may have been replicated in
you and be accounting for the occasional low 40-60 minutes after eating.