RE: [IPk] Temporary Return to MDI

You can get the batteries in jewellers/camera shops.  I have
found that these don't tend to last for as long but would be
fine in an emergency such as this.

I have never gone back to MDI but when I had a bad set once
(discovered around midnight when I was not sober enough/too
tired to change it out) I simply set my alarm and manually
injected humalog every 3 hours (calculating what I should
have had, had I been on the pump).  This worked fine.  The
number of hours between injections that you leave depends on
how much insulin you use per hour and how quickly your blood
sugars rise.

Beverley Smith
Consultant Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader