Re: [IPk] Removal of adhesive & Excema/adhesive allergy

Hi Helen

I have allergies or at least irritations with pretty much every tape
product available, including micropore, melolin etc, but surprisingly have
had no problems with the sticky stuff with the Minimed cannula sets - I
can't comment on the Disetronic ones, cos I haven't yet tried them.

I also use a product called Opsite IV3000 on my skin before I insert the
cannula (the cannulas I use have an "anti-bacterial" tab on them which can
irritate skin)... it's made by Smith and Nephew, and although regular
Opsite tears my skin apart, this stuff doesn't seem to worry me unduly at
all (it's very similar to the plasters provided with the cannulas).

Hope this is useful.