Re: [IPk] ketones- again

In a message dated 4/13/2003 10:03:18 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Ahhh...maybe adding a unit to what you normally would bolus when you've just
> put in a new set might be worth a shot (err, bad pun!!!)? If you know your
> bg is going to rise when you put in the new set (I have had the same
> problem
> you have there), might it be possible to head it off at the pass?
Thanks, Melissa - but no way can I tell whether or not the new set/site is
going to work, and 80+% of the time the result is fine and the extra bolus
would make me have a _serious_ hypo.

Knowing whether or not the new site/set was OK would probably solve the
problem, but I don't know how/if that can be done.

I realise that you're all trying to help - and I really appreciate that! -
and I'm sorry that I've been giving pretty negative responses.  I have spent
more than two years going through all the options.  But sometimes you can
miss something so please do keep coming with advice and thoughts.  Wasting
10-20% of sets and the inconvenience of the lost day is important to me!