Re: [IPk] ketones- again

In a message dated 4/13/2003 9:36:18 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> This is a really stupid question, but: what sets do you use and how much do
> you bolus when you have just put in a new set?
Hi Melissa,

Not stupid (you never are!). I use Sof-Set Micro (have tried all the other
MiniMed ones, this works better than the others including ordinary Sof-Set) -
this does seem to be the right depth for me.  I have had absorption problems
for many years, but with abdominal pump sites I get the best and most
reliable results even if it takes longer to work than in most folk.

When I change sets I bolus to correct what I've missed.  As suggested here
before, I have tried leaving the old set in situ for a few hours, but it
doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have of course been talking about problem days.  I hasten to add that 80+%
of the time I get an excellent result.