Re: [IPk] The Onion [PLEASE READ] (2)

I just saw that the date on the article was 8 March 2001, making it over two
years old and therefore not feasibly written recently (hm, my skills of
observation are a little fuzzy today...nothing to to with 2.5 pints of
Algood's Cambridge last night, I'm sure...).

The article may have been written amidst discussion of cloning as a
possibility for getting us closer to a cure for diabetes. Also, I seem to
recall 2001 as a year in which there was some sort of 'diabetes is a
national crisis' speech from some public figure, but I could be wrong about

At any rate, the article remains a TOTAL piss-take and I urge y'all not to
be upset by it. Whatever damage it did to the American Diabetes
Association's reputation two years ago has probably not stuck. Also, the ADA
has very little to do with the JDF. The two take sorta different approaches:
the ADA tends to emphasise good education and management while the JDF is
bent on finding a cure ASAP. I think it's a good thing to have both,

IDDM 10+ years; MiniMed pumper 6+ years