Re: [IPk] Re: Extended Bolus

email @ redacted writes:

> What?!  The Glucose Revolution says pale skin mashed potato has a GI of 70,
> while a pale skin baked potato has a GI of 85!  ...though I appreciate these
> are only guidelines and different bodies digest things at different rates...

Hey ho.
Any sort of potato takes hours to work in me...  And I also differ
considerably from others on this list in how my metabolism copes with
tomatoes, alcohol, oranges, loads of other foods too.
It just goes to show that we are all different.  Guidelines can be great but
in this context they are not always correct for an individual.  My advice is
to try the food out and see what effect it has on _you_ (and if it's "wrong"
or doesn't fit the guidelines, don't necessarily believe that! - you do of
course need to take into consideration other foods especially protein or
fatty, how the food is cooked etc).

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 2+ yrs