Re: [IPk] MDI - varying short acting amounts?

>The thing is, this is always met with astonishment and often horror!
>According to the norm, I should be taking x amount at bedtime then x, y and z
>during the day, no variations. But for me, life is just not like that!

Yes - I was told this too.  I said 'so what am I supposed to do when I
want on one day a soft boiled egg and a slice of toast, and on another
day half a tin of low-sugar, low-salt baked beans on toast????

Half of them don't understand the question, half of them think the
answer is to always eat the same amount of food (go on, pick 15g or 30g
CHO and stick with it).

The most positive thing was what my now pump-supervising doctor said:
'oh, you're one of those, are you'.

Yes, we're 'two of those'.  AKA 'normal people who eat normal, healthy
diets, and adjust our insulin intake so that it matches our food intake,
as far as we can, in an attempt to feel good today, and stay healthy'.

Don't worry, we're right, they're wrong ...

Best wishes,

(dm 30+, 508 1+, rather partial to baked beans on toast for breakfast,
but not every day, thanks)

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)