RE: [IPk] Re: Extended Bolus

Hi Julian

I remember lines!  In fact I still think in lines... although I'm trying to
convert to imperial, as I need 1 u per 12g CHO!!

I learnt a lot about the GI in an effort to lose weight.  "The Glucose
Revolution" is a great paperback with GI lists for many foods, and a whole
chapter devoted to diabetes.  A pocket sized summary version is also
available.  I still need 1u Humalog for 12g CHO whatever the GI factor is, but
knowing the GI helps me decide whether to take a standard, split or extended
bolus, and helps me to plan meals for optimal blood glucose stability.  There
is also an official website, www.glycemicindex.com.

Diagnosed 1968