[IPk] Extended Bolus

 Can anyone offer advice on extended bolus amounts. My normal ratio is 2 units
of humalof per 15g of carbohydrate. However after a meal consisting of potatoe,
chips etc I find that my bm's rise quite high and then come down after a while.
I started to use extended boluses over a three hour period after the meal. At
first this worked very well. however i am now finding that when using an
extended bolus I go hypo quite severely, whereas using the routine of bolusing
for the meal at the time I have it I get the sharp peak. Do others find that
they need less insulin when using an extended bolus?. I am keen to try and avoid
these peaks because they cause other problems which I would prefer to avoid. Any
ideas anyone?