[IPk] Sore fingers

How many people who complain of sore fingers are in fact using the pads of
their fingers to get samples? Using the sides of my fingertips instead of
the pads, I had sore fingers for a couple of weeks at the beginning of my
time as a diagnosed type 1, but using parts of my fingertips with fewer
nerve endings and then building up scar tissue/getting the 'right' amount of
damage to the nerve endings (sorry, that really sounds bad, but it's what's
happened) means I don't usually feel a lancet anymore, though I get enough
blood for a sample (sorry for that unending sentence; am in a hurry).

Also, not all lancets are quality-control-checked to the same extent. B-D's
Ultra-fine lancets are something like 28-gauge and VERY stringently
quality-controlled. When I used 'Brand X'-type lancets I sometimes got what
looked like pieces of shrapnel stuck in plastic bobs. BAD and painful! The
B-D lancets are lovely in comparison, and if I can make a plug for them,
consider this it.