[IPk] Re: (IPk) (partial) Success

In message <000c01c2fa28$d6bad700$email @ redacted>, fiona.stoate
<email @ redacted> writes
>Hi Helen
>I am waiting to see consultant re: pump therapy, appointment after much
>pushing since January, for the end of this month.  The DSN has said that
>funding will be the issue and like you I've been told they may consider the
>consumables but I would probably have to buy the pump myself.  I'll have to
>tackle that once I've got the go ahead so am waiting impatiently for my
>appointment now.  I get the feeling that perhaps they feel I'm being selfish
>trying to get  funding from already overstretched resources.

They may well think that.  They're human, and that means they are likely
to be very bad at risk analysis and risk management.  Their problem is
probably that they can't see that a small investment up front, and a
small ongoing investment will save them squids over in the medium to
long term.

I have always found it easiest to address such concerns 'up front' - ask
straight out 'do you think I'm taking resources which would be better
spent on other people?' = and if they say 'yes', hit them with the

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)