[IPk] Re: Testing BGs as an in-patient

In a message dated 02/04/2003 11:37:47 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> You can e-mail me off list if you would prefer but I would be
> grateful forany opinions either way as personally I have always used my own
> equipment when hospitalised pregnant or not CARMEL

Hello Carmel

I have used my own and so has my daughter.  The staff at the hospital have
been very grateful that we are providing them with the results; it's one less
job for them.  I suppose they would feel responsible if you 'lied' about the
result but your machine is always there for them to check if they want to.
The lady who was pregnant that you refer to was using her machine at home
without any problems I would imagine.  I suppose it depends on the staff you
are dealing with and the rules.  In fact, I have always been told to take my
own/my daughter's medication into the ward on admission so the blood glucose
testing meter comes along as part of the package and they have never refused.

Mum to Danielle aged 8 - diabetic.  Myself also.