[IPk] (Partial) Success

 You may recall that I wrote some time ago to let you know I had been turned
down for a pump.

 Following the advice may of you sent (thank you all so much) I wrote back to my
consultant and got a reply this morning. He is prepared to give me the go-ahead!

 Now for the downside. "Unfortunately, at the present time, there is no funding
for pumps." Although NICE guidelines don't apply in Scotland, there is an
equivalent body and they fully supported NICE's recommendations. So it looks as
if - just like so many of you - I have kicked door 1 down (got agreement to use
a pump) and now have to start on door 2 (re. funding). Any suggestions?

 Thanks again for all your comments and support following my previous e-mail. As
a reward I am going to let you indulge yourselves a bit. I am posting a separate
e-mail entitled "Which Pump? Which infusion set?" asking for your tips for a
prospective new user. Indulge and enjoy!

Graham