[IPk] Big Reduction in Consumables Cost? Yeah Right!!!

 I once again! spoke to the PCT today on the phone regarding my frequent
requests for funding. I mentioned the NICE guidelines and the fact that self
funding was becoming difficult. Apart from the usual "We only have a duty to
sustain your life not improve it" I was informed that I should find another
consumables supplier, because the average cost of consumables is "Known" !!!!!
to be approximately #20 per month!!!. I explained that this was likely to be
nearer the weekly cost. It fell on death ears of course. Does anyone have any
suggestions of how to tackle the PCT. I have the full support of my consultant
and GP so I can't quite make all of this out.