Lists of symptoms of hypos can be found in almost all books on type 1.  If you
do not have a couple of books on type 1 already, you might find the American
Diabetes Association's website helpful (http://www.diabetes.org).
Amazon.co.uk or Borders (if you have one near you) should be able to get you a
book even if it's not available widely in the UK.

As for how others may perceive hypos: my parents have told me they can tell
I'm getting low when I suddenly get cranky, impatient, distracted, indecisive,
or whiny, and I may not complete my sentences (I start a sentence and then
trail off).  Generally I am not fun to be around when I need some carbs!
Most people, even those without diabetes, do get a bit unpleasant to talk to
when they need food.  A lot of (non-diabetic) people I've met who don't eat
breakfast say they're grumpy until lunch and they never can figure out why.

Is that at all useful?

MelissaGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :