Re: [IPk] Injection pens v. syringes

In message <l03130305b8f093e1bdbc@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>For some time, the needles were finer than syringe needles.
>Have you any evidence? I wasn't aware that that was ever so.

When I changed to the pen (mid 80s?) I asked about a pen for the long-
acting and was told that they didn't do the cartridges.  Some years
later I asked if they did finer needled syringes, like the pens, and was
told no.  Mind you this is evidence of a GP's opinion, not of the
absence of finer needles.  My last lot of pen tips were 30g 6mm - my
syringes are now 29g 3mm - I.e. shorter, but thicker.  There may be 30g
syringes out there ...

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, and just remembered another good thing about the pen.
One of my cats, Kiwi-kitten, absolutely adored the pen tops.  She would
get up with me in the morning, and wait at my feet while I fitted the
needle.  I'd then put the top on the bath, she'd leap up and then chase
it round and round inside the bath.
I still occassionally find a top in one of her hidy holes.  She really
preferred them 'fresh' with the smell of preservative rather than
slightly old (and yes, I did some testing on that!), so she thinks the
pump is bad news.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)