Re: [IPk] Somebody Must Know.

Hi Julian
My dad had something similar, and kept thinking it was nothing. He had the
tests done and they found he had 3 blocked arteries and he ended up having a
heart bypass. He kept insisting he was fine and that he was just getting old,
or whatever (he is not overweight, doesn't smoke or anything and is very
fit). It sounds very similar to what he had. The good news is that he is
absolutely fine now and completely back to normal (in fact, better than
before!).
Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but I would take this
seriously as it does sound like angina.

One thing to be very aware of is that beta blockers can mask your hypo
warning signs. My dad wasn't told this and he had some really nasty hypos
which he had no warning of, and he ended up being rescued by the funny green
men (paramedics) several times. In fact, that was what woke him up to the
fact that he needed to test his BGs regularly!

Apart from that, I think it's unlikely you're just not going to wake up one
morning though. If the tests do come back positive, they will probably whisk
you into hospital, and do something about it, and you will be as good as new!
But I think you do have to take this seriously.
Hope that's not too negative sounding.
Di