[IPk] Lidl (has also been popcorn and gram scales)

In message <001801c1eba9$7187a540$email @ redacted>, Jackie Jacombs
<email @ redacted> writes
>Lidl supermarkets sell very cheap ranges of stuff that hasn't sold well

That might be true of their 'household' goods, but almost all their food
is own-brand.  The reason it's cheap is they sell it at German high
street prices rather than UK ones, and also it's a 'no frills'

I find their fruit and veg doesn't keep as well as that bought from
mainstream supermarkets - but whether that's because it's handled and
stored less carefully, or less full of preservatives, I don't know.

Organic and welfare-quality foodstuffs aren't available.

But on the plus side (as well as prices about 50% of Tescos): huge
variety of tinned fish, German Christmas food,  big cans of wonderfully
hot chilli.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 1+, Lidl 2x a month, Waitrose 1x a month, and odd dairy and
greengrocery in between

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)