Re: [IPk] 4 vs 2 injections

Zoe wrote:
It is possible to give an extra dose of insulatard in the morning as well as
nightime to stop bgs rising before meals - something my GP suggested to me
but I never got round to trying.
Does anyone do this?

Hi Zoe -

Yes, of course it is possible. You need to be aware of the action curves of
the insulin, and you will probably need slightly less insulin split between
the two shots. Quite a lot of people do this, and for the expert user
advice, I'd refer you to the Diabetes Support list, which is managed by
Diabetes Insight. I believe the URL is http://www.diabetic.org.uk. I am a
lurker on that list - it's got more traffic than this does, but it will also
have people who are on an MDI regime that includes two shots of Insulatard a