[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #86

In a message dated 22/04/02 18:52:29 GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject: Re: [IPk] 4 vs 2 injections
 I quite agree - I won't be ruled by my HbA1c, there's more to life - however
 long it is!
 It is possible to give an extra dose of insulatard in the morning as well as
 nightime to stop bgs rising before meals - something my GP suggested to me
 but I never got round to trying.
 Does anyone do this?
 Zoe >>

Zoe - I'm currently using a pump after trying countless variations of
numbers/timing of injections, and I found that splitting the long acting
insulin (Humulin) into a large dose at bedtime, with the balance in the
morning, did give me considerably better control overnight, with more
predictable morning BGs.  Having said that, its an inexact science at best,
and I'm hugely relieved to be able to use a pump now!!

Not sure how much help it would be for pre-meal BGs, but well worth a try.
Have another word with your GP, you have nothing to lose and it may be a big
help for you.

Good luck,