Re: [IPk] Brief update on Sam

Hi Andrew Good news about Sam, makes it all worthwhile doesn't it ?
Jamies HbA1c in Feb was not as good as Sams, at 6.9 but an improvement on
his worst of the year before of 9.6, but his lifestyle is the big payoff for
him, and having the confidence to go out and play games with other kids,
knowing he wont go hypo in front of them,and not having to stop for snacks
if they dont. As a family I feel we have now all been able to settle down to
a normal life, which none of us had when Jamie was on injections with
yo-yoing levels. 4-6 injections a day helped with the levels,but cut our
lives into 4 hour chunks of testing and food routines.
We are going to Parliament with Diabetes UK this week and seeing our MP to
ask for support for other children to have access to pumps.
PS congratulations to John for his NOJO nomination and the publicity at the
ceremony.All these little things can help spread the word to those on
injections who do not know about pumps; pumpers should not be an elite club
in this country !!
Regards to all,Debbie