Re: [IPk] popcorn

On Monday 22 Apr 2002 3:51 pm, Caroline Batistoni wrote:

> On the subject of cooking from scratch, I need to tighten up my carb
> counting, which has got pretty sloppy. I cook a lot of things from scratch
> and this is where I have trouble working out carbs. Does anyone know of any
> good books that give values for basic foods, rather than prepared meals?

I would love to know that too. I got a real shock last week - since diagnosis
17 years ago I have worked on the assumption that most fruits (apple, orange
etc) were about 10g of carb.  Then after eating a meal including a banana my
GS soared - on checking I find that it's more likely to be about 30g! A book
that told me the carb value of fruits/veg per gram of weight, for instance,
would be wonderful. My kitchen scales would get a lot more use. :)

* "2002: A Discworld Odyssey" * August 16th-19th, 2002 *
*  Web: http://www.dwcon.org/ * Email: email @ redacted  *