[IPk] Re: pump holidays

Hi Zoe
I know quite a few people in the US who regularly take pump holidays.
Sometimes because it's nice not to be attached to a pump for a while, and
sometimes because it's easier at the beach or wherever, or sometimes because
they've just had enough of the pump for a bit.
Personally I remember how difficult it was to get good control with
Insulatard, so i wouldn't consider it myself unless I absolutely had to.
I've been on beach holidays and not had a problem with the pump - it is
slightly more of a pain, but I just keep it on all the time (except when
swimming), keep it in its case or make sure it's covered up so sand doesn't
get in, and forget about it.
If you want a pump holiday, go for it (and in any case, it doesn't matter if
other people think you're weird or not!)
Di