[IPk] Lumps and bumps

I have developed a lump at my previous infusion site.  It is
about the size of a large marble, very hard but not at all
painful.  I did ask my GP to take a look in case it was an
abscess but he felt it wasn't as I had no pain.  Has anyone
else had this problem?  It only developed after I changed the
site (unless I am very unobservant) but it is quite
pronounced.  At the moment I am assuming it is similar to the
lumps I used to get occasionally when injecting (only
larger).  It isn't bothering me (fortunately I don't model
swimwear!) but I would like to know how to avoid any more.

IDDM 25 yrs.  Pump 9 months

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader