Re: [IPk] Glucophage

Glucophage/metformin (normally used in treatment of type 2) was
experimentally given to type 1 diabetics to help overcome insulin resistance
and facilitate the efficiency of injected insulin -to put it in simple terms
(as you may have gathered I am not a pharmacist or much of a scientist
either!!) I am back on it as it did reduce my HBa1c by 1 % on MDI and though
for the first time in I dont know how many years my results are down to 8.1
I am trying desperately to lower them to below 7. My consultant is not
convinced it works and niether am I but he prescribed it anyway.During the
years I have of experience of DM and the large number of Drs it seems that
it appears to be fashionable in some countries and it depends who you see.
(It is supposed to help with weight reduction too so that is why I didn't
turn down the offer !!!)
All the best Carmel