RE: [IPk] overnight ketones & dodgy A1c

I don't test for ketones (unless over 16 for any length of
time) but when I was pregnant they tested every time for
ketones and I remember being surprised that I produced
ketones with a BGM of 10.  I was told that the ketone
threshold varied from person to person but that starting to
produce ketones at a BGM of 10 was not unusual.

I aim for less than 7 at night which gives me a little more
leeway during the day (said she who has just eaten a
(pre-bolused) packet of wine gums!).

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader