From: email @ redacted
Date: Monday, April 15, 2002 07:46:57
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPk] Bad day

In message <email @ redacted>, Donald O' Donnell
<email @ redacted> writes
>ANYONE READING THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DEAL WITH THE REBOUNDS, THAT
>I AM SURE WE ALL GET.

I treat rebounds, under-estimations of insulin needed, weird highs and
so on all exactly the same : 1 unit insulin to drop 3 m/mol. The only
high I treat differently are post-drinking highs which I treat more
cautiously (1 unit to drop 4.5 m/mol).

On the low-carb meal that gave you the low: I find that I do need extra
insulin for fat/protein above the ordinary, but that this has to be as a
square bolus, not all at once.

Best wishes to all,

Pat
--