Re: [IPk] airport horror

During Feb. I went to sweden, my ruck sack (taken on as hand luggage), had glucose meter, insulin pens, syringes, insulin, all the bits and bobs i needed for a week and half.

It was x-rayed at Stansted and I went through absolutely fine. No problem. As I also *DIDN'T* have a doctors note.

Whilst in Sweden I got my pump,  + 6 months of supplies, infusion sets, fillable ampules, big nasty sharp spikey IV style needles for filling the ampules. lots of batteries !!!!
I had securely packaged the infusion sets and ampules in a nice strong cardboard box with loads of parcel tape. I put my address onthe side incase it got lost, and wrote FRAGILE all over it.
At the airport (Vasteras (Stockholm)), which is a TINY aiport. I checked in my luggage and the fragile box  and I had to sign a form etc as it was being put in as a fragile item, more care is taken for these items apparently!!!! My rucksack, on as hand luggage again, had needles, syringes , batteries, infusion sets etc in it.  . that was x-rayed  ... no problems.
(I got a doctors note while in Sweden, just in case.)
I was metal detected as well, my pump, Disetronic H-TRON v100, was not picked up.

So they didn't notice any thing in sweden or else they recognised what it was ... all the people AND security staff were very friendly and helpful.

But when i got to Stansted..... my FRAGILE item was not at the collection point for fragile items, it came out on the conveyor, nicely squashed and thrown about. Nothing was damaged thankfully.

The flights were with RyanAir, it was nice as there's no on-board food, you take your own. so i had some nice tasty sandwiches.
But i'd be careful with the "Servis Air" luggage handling IDIOTs in the UK. if you do put anything in luggage or in the hold.

blimey, sorry for the rant... ;)