Re: [IPk] working out units needed

> Hi,
> I'm sure this might sound pretty stupid.
> I've never been taught/shown/known anything about how to work out
> how many units of insulin I need to a particular amount of
> carbohydrate.
> Should I have been taught this? Should it be something so stupidly
> simple I can work it out for myself? How do I this?

you definetly need this info. A good place to start is the book
"Pumping Insulin". See the books page of the web site at:

There is a section on carb counting as well as a general food-carb
reference in the back of the book. After you have digested this (pun
intended :-)  -- select a couple of carb reference books that match
your lifestyle for references.