From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 11:49 PM
Subject: [IPk] CGMS and other things

> Hi All
>
> I wonder if I may ask some questions of you all especially long term
diabetics.  I have had a few minor problems over the past few years with
chest pain, though never got a definate diagnosis.  Over the past few weeks
all of this got a lot worse.  mainly a pounding pulse when walking and doing
basic stuff and severe pain in left arm.  Doctor suggested unstable Angina
and arranged hospital.  They suggest similar and an irregular heartbeat.
Being a male I sort of have this belief that I am indestructable :).  Does
anyone else have a history like this?

> There is to be a home heart trace shortly and I am wondering if using the
minimed CGMS would be interesting to see if rises and falls in blood sugar
could be responsible for irregular heart beats and all the other stuff
rather than the problems suggested.  How much do these things cost? Does
anyone know?

> I will say though, that my BMs have remained remarkably stable throughout
all of this.  I think if I had been on MDI things may have felt a lot worse.