[IPk] CGMS and other things

Hi All

I wonder if I may ask some questions of you all especially long term diabetics.  I have had a few minor problems over the past few years with chest pain, though never got a definate diagnosis.  Over the past few weeks all of this got a lot worse.  mainly a pounding pulse when walking and doing basic stuff and severe pain in left arm.  Doctor suggested unstable Angina and arranged hospital.  They suggest similar and an irregular heartbeat.  Being a male I sort of have this belief that I am indestructable :).  Does anyone else have a history like this?

There is to be a home heart trace shortly and I am wondering if using the minimed CGMS would be interesting to see if rises and falls in blood sugar could be responsible for irregular heart beats and all the other stuff rather than the problems suggested.  How much do these things cost? Does anyone know?

I will say though, that my BMs have remained remarkably stable throughout all of this.  I think if I had been on MDI things may have felt a lot worse.

Any suggestions/comments would be very much appreciated..