[IPk] Swollen Joints

Does anyone else on the list have a problem with swollen
joints?  My sister (non-diabetic and 35 years old) has had a
form of Arthritis for the past 10 years which has left her
doctors baffled (I would think time for a new doctor but my
sister is not the second-opinion type) and her debilitated.
My joints are now starting to give me pain and I am 36.  I am
finally going to go and see my GP (I fear the diagnosis hence
I haven't been before) but I just wondered if anyone else has
any similar experience.  I know auto-immune conditions can
run in families but can one person get two?  I have problems
with my fingers (difficult to bend, painful), elbows, knees
and toes.  The knee and toe problems usually occur during the
night after I have been running (no pain or stiffness when I
run at all)and leave me in agony and limping heavily the next
day.  The finger and elbow problems are present most of the
time.  Could it just be coincidence that I have similar
symptoms to my sister?  Could it be an allergy (or
intolerance).  Could I be allergic to plastic tube from the
pump or is that clutching at straws (or canulas in this

Having written about the problem I do wonder why I haven't
been to see my doctor before but it is funny how problems
slowly creep up on you.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader