Re: [IPk] Bank Holidat Monday

Hi John

It is probably easier psychologically that both have coeliac as a least they
both have to put up with the same restrictions.  I dread the thought of going
on holiday though with a suitcase load of GF food though.  They both have a
big moan together when we go to the supermaket about the things that they
can't
have that have not got a GF subtitute like crossiants and lovely fresh granary
bread and crumpets.  I did have a go at making GF hot cross buns but for all
the effort put into making them I didnt feel they were worth it.  They were a
bit hard and dense.  Still, it made the twins feel like they weren't missing
out.

When Sasha ate extra chocolate I went back to using Actrapid injected at the
same time as she ate this seemed to work out OK.  We use Novorapid mostly now.
I did once make the mistake last year when she wanted an ice-cream one hot day
after school and her bg was a little on the high side. I gave some Actrapid
and made her wait a 30 minutes, big  mistake!!! Of course the insulin got
there first.

Jackie