Re: [IPk] Re: nighttime basals

> Di,
> I often wonder which way things are heading, whether it's up or down. I
> think my bg is going up before I go to bed as it often drops to 4 or below
> after dinner but then climbs up again. Could this be a late "spike" from
> dinner ?(as late as 11pm) or just a sign that my basal rate is too low? (I
> very rarely eat any meat or cheese at dinner).

Depends what time you eat dinner, and what you eat, but it's perfectly
I often get those late spikes - Humalog acts very fast for me, and carbs
take quite a long time to take effect. I always take my Humalog after the
The way to find out if it's the food or your basal rate is to not eat dinner
and test your BG afterwards..

> Has the 3 day sensor helped at all?

I'm supposed to be doing it from tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes!
You can read other people's experiences on the IP-UK website (I think John
has just posted about this)