[IPk] Insertion sets

I have been reading the discussions about insertion sets over the last few
days with great interest as I 'got pumped' yesterday (Friday) with a Minimed

I have been started with a sof-set - which I am very pleased with so far.  I
have also been given  a Silhouette to try, but the hospital have said that
they are only willing to fund me for Polyfin sets.  Has anyone any
experience of these as I have had a look at one and it looks horrid compared
to the others I have seen?

Another thing the hospital have done is put me on the pump on saline until
Wednesday when I start pumping insulin, so that I can get used to the idea
of wearing and using the unit without the added worry of control.  I think
this is a very good idea and wondered whether anyone had come across it?