RE: [IPk] changes in basal rates

> What
doesn't seem to be common knowledge is that your bolus insulin:carb ratio
differ according to the time of day.  For example, you may have 50g C at
breakfast with 2 IU insulin, but for the same amount of carb you may need
(or less) insulin at lunch-time.

This is something that I've never understood. Surely the requirement for
more insulin at a meal indicates a lack of background insulin? So then it
needs to be corrected in the basal, and you then have the same bolus needs
throughout the day - which I think is an important target because it makes
for fewer things to remember!

Perhaps someone can explain to me why this doesn't work, because it puzzles