Re: [IPk] Re: sites

I am using the shorter versions at the moment ...  one of the most
surprising things my pump nurse has said is that I am not very fat!  Not
fat enough to use more than the centre of my stomach.  I'm not sure
whether to add 'poor body image' to my list of faults, or 'good physical
shape' to the virtues!

By the by, I downloaded the meter at the weekend, and since I've been
aware from the 14-day and 30-day averages on the meter that control has
been much better for the past month, but worse on the two weeks since
starting (if you see what I mean - I usually average at between 14 and
16 m/mol, this past month has been 12m/mol, the past two weeks
12.7m/mol).  As is to be expected, but what was unexpected is how the
unpredictability has improved - the standard deviation on the range of
results has dropped right across the day, but particularly noticeably at

Best wishes,

In message <email @ redacted
om>, Elizabeth OShea <email @ redacted> writes
>>I tried a silhouette for the second time yesterday.  It HURT.  On
>insertion, hit hurt like a bad-ish needle hurts (i.e. I know I was near
>a nerve, moved a bit to one side and then it just was a little
>I wonder is the insertion needle too long for you, Pat? At least the sofsets
>are working, and there is a set you're comfortable with. That's what matters
>the most. Stick with what works, is my advice.

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)