Re: [IPk] Re: morning basals and highs

Hi Ingrid
I used to feel exactly like that before the pump.
With the pump, it's a lot better, but I still get the mornings where I wake up
at 15, or 2, for no apparent reason. But they're the exception rather than the
rule now.
The unpredictability of the absorption of long-acting insulin makes it far
worse on MDI than on a pump. But  I find that if anything's going to have an
effect on my BGs, like the weather, or stress, or exercise, it will be during
the night that it takes effect. And I hate testing at 3am, because I can never

If you've ruled out the standard problems such as going low and rebounding, or
strange bedtime foods :-) then it's probably the fault of the insulin.....