[IPk] Re: morning basals and highs

>My basal goes up to .7 at 5am and down to .5 at 7am. It could be that the
>tail of the .7 insulin makes any bolus more sensitive. But I have no
>problems when I have normal or near normal morning BGs and I have breakfast
>and insulin. Everything behaves then as I would expect it to. If the .7
>basal was making my morning bolus more effective, I would expect to notice
>it other times as well. I won't puzzle over it too much, however! Just so
>long as I know how things are working so I can follow them, I don't care so
>much about the why.

I cut my overnight basal (midnight-10am) last night from 0.8 to 0.7. The
previous night I had gone low - one of those long gentle hypos where I wake
up with nasty headache, except this time round I ended up vomitting as
well. My waking bg was 3.0.

Wasn't sure if I'd misbolused before going to bed, or whether the sudden
change of weather had altered my requirements: spring suddenly arrived 2
days ago, after weeks of cold wet and orrible weather. Anyhow, the small
reduction seems to have fixed it - woke at 5.4 this morning. After a bad
hypo it can take several days for everything to settle back to "normal" so
I'll keep my fingers crossed!

mailto:email @ redacted