Re: [IPk] Re: sites

Pat I tried the new ses from minimed. the method of insertion is similar
to a sof-set but you dont need all the dressings etc you cant see the
site as with the sof-set and mine came out unbeknowingly witj disastrous
consequences as usual I blame myself and dont always believe the
equipment can go wrong!

>From: Pat Reynolds <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: email @ redacted >Subject: Re:
[IPk] Re: sites >Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:03:46 +0100 > >In message
<L0313030FB70A37DEB3C4@[]>, John Neale
><email @ redacted> writes > >>Having been happily (or relatively
happily - I still sometimes have a > >>hard time inserting sets) > > >
>Me too :-) Sometimes it just goes straight in. Other times, wherever I
put > >it, it HURTS. I tend to move somewhere else if it is hurting, but
just > >occasionally it hurts everywhere and just have to just do it. Is
that > >stress related or what? Never been sure, but it was the same when
I was on > >injections. > > > >I tried a silhouette for the second time
yesterday. It HURT. On >insertion, hit hurt like a bad-ish needle hurts
(i.e. I know I was near >a nerve, moved a bit to one side and then it
just was a little >sensitive). Then I tried to remove the needle. Oh,
gods did it hurt. >Hurt, hurt hurt. A tooth abscess is the nearest thing
I can >compare it to. I wondered if I should dial 999 and get it
surgically >removed. I can see the area under the tape going bright red.
Steeled >myself, and got the inserter needle out. Fortunately, the tape
was not >as sticky on first contact as it is after two days, and got the
rest out >without too much pain. It is still tender at the insertion
point, and >swollen. > >Nope, I 'm not going to try again. The new
release-at-stomach sets look >interesting: what's not clear from the
picture is whether or not you can >see the insertion point (I like that
on the sofset). I'm interested in >the comments on stress/pain: having
had a bad 'first time' with a >silhoutte, maybe it was the stress that
caused so much pain? > >I downloaded my meter last night ... int'resting
... two weeks before >starting pump, I had better control than two weeks
from starting pump >... but this last month, compared to month before,
standard deviation >cut by half. Yeah. Onwards and downwards! > >Best
wishes to all, > >Pat >-- >Pat Reynolds >email @ redacted > "It
might look a bit messy now, but just you come back in 500 years time" >
(T. Pratchett)