RE: [IPk] Blood Charts and techno-utopia

> As I said in my other email, I feel there is probably a window where
> without too much extra info, a computer could make better predictions than
> I could.
> John

I think the window problem is very difficult to get right.........
Also, I think there would be a lot of safety concerns about letting a computer
make such predictions (from the hospital's point of view). I would assume that
people such as ourselves would have enough sense to make our own judgements
about any predictions it might give, but what about the general public?
Imagine what might happen if you gave it some wrong info and it tried to give
you some totally stupid advice? OK, I know that sound like someone who's
completely sceptical about computers, and I know there are safety mechanisms
for these kind of procedures, but I work on automated computer processing of
text, and I know what can happen if you make some tiny mistake!