Re: [IPk] Re: sites

In message <l0313030fb70a37deb3c4@[]>, John Neale
<email @ redacted> writes
>>Having been happily (or relatively happily - I still sometimes have a
>>hard time inserting sets)
>Me too :-) Sometimes it just goes straight in. Other times, wherever I put
>it, it HURTS. I tend to move somewhere else if it is hurting, but just
>occasionally it hurts everywhere and just have to just do it. Is that
>stress related or what? Never been sure, but it was the same when I was on

I tried a silhouette for the second time yesterday.  It HURT.  On
insertion, hit hurt like a bad-ish needle hurts (i.e. I know I was near
a nerve, moved a bit to one side and then it just was a little
sensitive).  Then I tried to remove the needle.  Oh, gods did it hurt.
Hurt, hurt <expletive> hurt.  A tooth abscess is the nearest thing I can
compare it to.  I wondered if I should dial 999 and get it surgically
removed.  I can see the area under the tape going bright red.  Steeled
myself, and got the inserter needle out. Fortunately, the tape was not
as sticky on first contact as it is after two days, and got the rest out
without too much pain.  It is still tender at the insertion point, and

Nope, I 'm not going to try again.  The new release-at-stomach sets look
interesting: what's not clear from the picture is whether or not you can
see the insertion point (I like that on the sofset).  I'm interested in
the comments on stress/pain: having had a bad 'first time' with a
silhoutte, maybe it was the stress that caused so much pain?

I downloaded my meter last night ... int'resting ... two weeks before
starting pump, I had better control than two weeks from starting pump
... but this last month, compared to month before, standard deviation
cut by half.  Yeah.  Onwards and downwards!

Best wishes to all,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)